- Sam Rust Seafood is a wholesale processor and distributor of quality fresh and frozen seafood.
- Founded in 1938 by Samuel Cornelius Rust I (Cap'n Sam), it is one of the oldest family owned and operated seafood distributors on the east coast.
- Cap'n Sam lived his life and managed his business based on biblical principles and his faith in GOD. Everyone who did business with him met an honest man of uncompromising character, who had a big heart and a big laugh! His example will always be treasured by all who knew and worked for him.
- In 1968 Bob L. Edmonds (Cap'n Bob), Mr. Rust's son-n-law, joined the business and furthered Cap'n Sam's vision of growth and expansion. After outgrowing its current location, in June of 1990, Sam Rust Seafood moved into its current facilities, which drastically increased its processing and storage capabilities. This facility has been a model that has hosted numerous international and domestic tour groups from the seafood industry.
- Cap'n Bob was a leader who led by example. He instilled great character and a work ethic, second to none, into all who worked with him. He retired in 2005 and will always remain a source of wisdom and inspiration as the third generation leads the company forward.
- A healthy and sustained growth has allowed Sam Rust Seafood to move from a 2 man operation servicing the local Hampton Roads area of Virginia, to over 75 employees, servicing customers from Central Virginia to the Eastern Shore, from Richmond to the Outer Banks of North Carolina, and nationwide via refrigerated carriers and air-freight.
- The majority of our knowledgeable and experienced sales staff and fresh and frozen buyers have been with Sam Rust Seafood for more than 15 years each. The company has primarily promoted from within, to assure qualified, knowledgeable assistance to our customers.